Thursday, September 6, 2012

Haidian martial art shops

Today I took the Beijing subway and went to Haidian, which is northwest of the city centre. I was a bit worried about the trip but I have to say the subway system works like a dream (+ it's air-conditioned, at least partly). I had heard some rumours that near the Sport University (previously known as Beijing University of Physical Education, here studied e.g. Jet Li's teacher Wu Bin and Zhang Guangde, who later developed his Daoyin Yang Sheng Gong system) there were martial art / wushu shops, so of course I had to see if there was anything to it. There was!


If I buy them all can I get a discount?

Just look at that! There were at least half a dozen wushu shops side-by-side right next to the Uni. Quality of the products ranged from low to high and everything in between.


Melts the heart.

Guan Daos <3












Of course I had to buy myself a taiji sword. This one is a Shen Guang Long sword, nicely balanced.











3 comments:

  1. wow, that sounds so great. are you staying in the city or going to a temple somewhere in the mountains to practice?

    keep up the journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well that is an old blog that we wrote together to keep track of our religious discussions... this is Thea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Thea, I'm now in Wulong Temple practising kungfu :)

    ReplyDelete